Monday, January 5, 2009

Body in D.C. Mind on the Trai

Luke here. Caleb has now officially checked out the blog and seems to like it. He says he will add a post whenever he gets settled down around a computer.

I have just arrived in Washington D.C. with my girlfriend, Blakeley. We are both going to be working here for the Inauguration at a political memorabilia store. It should be packed busy and exciting. Our boss, Jimmy, has hooked us up with an awesome apartment in Alexandria, VA. It is in the part of the city called Olde Town. It is amazing. Picture Williamsburg, but picture it nicer. This is where I will be staying until I leave for the trail at the beginning of March.

I am so pleased that the blog has its first comment! I am not sure who lmcclees is, but thank you for making my day! And for offering to take us to Georgia and from Maine! You future comment-teers have some tough work to beat that post.

Anyways, I am up here in northern Virginia and caught myself thinking about the trail, so I decided to write a quick post. I am now going to flip through my Thru-Hikers' Companion and daydream about where I will be three months from now.

Take it easy,

1 comment:

  1. Caleb and Luke,

    Luke, I do not know you but Caleb works with our special needs son Thomas in the afternoons and I must say I was very sad when I heard he was leaving to go on this LONG trip. But then I heard the good news that he would be back next semester!! So I am okay with this. We are now trying to talk Caleb into going to graduate school here since he has become like part of the family. (either that or fix him up with a girl in college that is only a freshman so he will stick around Raleigh.)
    So, Luke please bring Caleb back in good condition!! Or I will come looking for you and so will Thomas! Watch his two bad shoulders do not wont to throw those out again.
    You guys have fun and somehow let us know you are okay!!
    The Zahn Family and TAZ

    ReplyDelete