Monday, April 6, 2009

Caleb's Hike...

HEy! last week's post...




Today’s hike has sparked a forgotten memory. Once my sister and I were sitting upon the foothills we were raised in looking up towards the mountains. We would guess how high the mountains were. I remember my technique would be to first imagine a ruler. I would then take this imagined ruler and imagine flipping the ruler up the mountain side. How many times could I flip this ruler to the summit? It seemed like an infinite amount that I would have to ascribe an exaggerated number to. My sister and I would guess amounts. Her guesses were slightly more logical. However today I realize that my hyperbolized guesses seem to fit this adventure. These mountains aren’t standing in ranges but in random, and infinite is a logical guess. I hope tomorrow’s hike remembers more.

No comments:

Post a Comment