Monday, April 6, 2009

Caleb's Hike...

HEy, today's post...

A good friend recently asked me, “why? Look Caleb, why am I so blessed?” I instinctively responded with a quick superficial witty solution to avoid the complexity and confusion of answering the question, ‘why?’ In reflection I’ve strayed from solution and found myself lost in another question, ‘why ask?’ The trail spans twenty-one hundred miles. These miles climb mountains, fall into valleys, circle ridges, and parallel streams. Never once have I questioned this path. I follow it. Through conversations and literature I gain knowledge about future steps. Each night I reflect and record past steps. I can’t explain the difference between a chosen step and a fated step. I will never be able to explain what makes one step remembered and the next forgotten. I walk the path for what it is. I walk the path and accept where I am. I walk the path, but have I’ve never asked ‘why?’

1 comment:

  1. I'm so surprised that Lory took you to a grocery store!!! Shocking :)

    I'm glad you both had a nice retreat with family warmth and food. Keep it up - I love following your blog!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete