Monday, March 23, 2009

Caleb's hike

Sometimes throughout the day I start to think in analogy. I have come to the conclusion that the trail and a novel are one. Steps turn to words, and words turn to strides. Paragraphs and mountains rise and fall. Numbers characterizes both pages and miles. A new chapter starts with a sunrise. I become lost in a static setting that engulfs a number of dynamic characters. The story line develops, and I become curious in the conclusion. While I might take a peek at the last mile marker, page number, or mountaintop I never read the last step.




Hey some people were talking about coming out and sectioning the trail with us when we arrive around Hot Springs, NC. So here's some ideas. We will be getting into a place called Max Patch, NC-1182 this coming Friday and Hot Springs around Sunday. If people wanted they could shuttle between the two over the weekend. Also Luke's cell is 828-430-1063, parking is located in both places, and also the Internet is a great tool to plan such a trip. We'll be in the smokies for the next week so I hope to see some familiar smiles when we come out. See you soon. - Caleb

2 comments:

  1. Caleb you have become a true philosopher my friend haha. I'm soooo jealous of you two, you have no idea. So glad to hear that everything continues to go well for you!!! I love the pictures and tales of your adventure- keep 'em coming! Be careful! LMT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caleb,

    Things sound great and your friend Stephen giving us an update was great! The girls sent you some pictures they drew. The one Amelia drew is hilarious. Hopefully does not come true on your trip though! They miss you Amelia wants me to mark on the calendar when you will be back so she can start counting down the days. Thomas is good still his bi-polar self at times. Girls are horse back riding and are signed up for swim team. The signs of Spring and summer are here!! We miss you and take care of yourself
    love
    The Zahn Clan:)

    ReplyDelete