Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CO and PICS



What an beautiful blog voice Luke has...

I'm enjoying these superfluous post about our lives before we even step foot on the trail. However this post might not be as unnecessary as my last. I am currently in Colorado, because if there is one thing that i know it's before you hike the Appalachian Mountains you test your hikin' legs on the Rookies. These little hills (thousand+ feet elevation change within a mile) were a good warm up for the upcoming adventure. This hike gave me a pretty good idea of three things i have been second guessing myself for a while on. First, my body, shoulders, leg, knee etc. : all still intact and feel great, Check. Second, my pack, today i hiked with two liters of water, two apples, a jacket, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich: i think those are about the same items I'll be carrying over the next four months, Check. Third, posting pictures, we'll see: check. See ya on the trail...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everything is still intact! Have fun in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Caleb plans to carry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_butter_and_jelly_sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this on Facebook - I'll bookmark it. Have a truly excellent time!

    ReplyDelete